One of the best portable gas grills on the market these days is the Cuisinart CGG-200 All-Foods Propane Gas Grill. Compact and relatively small, this portable gas grill is ideal for outdoor use and fits on most tabletops. The burner delivers up to 12,000 BTU and heats up the grill within minutes. The grill features a twist-start ignition system for convenience.
- Portable tabletop gas grill
- 12,000 BTU stainless steel burner with twist-start ignition
- Cast iron cooking grate
- Unique modular grill-surface system
- Comes with removable veggie panel
- Folding side shelves provide extra workspace
- Comes with carry handles for easy portability
- Built-in temperature gauge
- Measures 19.8” x 27.8” x 12.8”
Compact and Portable
The Cuisinart CGG-200 gas grill is surprisingly light and easy to move around. It weighs less than 40 pounds and comes with two carrying handles, making it easy to transport the grill to the required location. It’s small enough to fit on most tabletops.
Impressive Grilling Performance
Despite its compact size and portability, the Cuisinart CGG-200 can handle your grilling needs like a pro. The stainless-steel loop burner heats the grill quickly and evenly. This grill has a low and sleek profile so it reaches high temperatures more quickly. The design also enables the grill to reheat faster when you need to open the lid to check your food.
Furthermore, this portable grill comes with a “flame tamer” — a specially designed porcelain-enameled panel that distributes heat evenly to prevent hot and cold spots.
Unique Cooking Grate
The cooking grate is made of heavy duty cast iron and provides a generous cooking area. But what makes the grill stand out is its unique design. The cooking grate is reversible, providing different cooking surfaces for different types of food. The side with grill lines is ideal for steaks, chicken and other large foods. The opposite side is flat and provides the ideal surface for fish, seafood and more delicate foods.
The CGG-200 features Cuisinart’s exclusive modular grill surface system that accommodates a wide variety of interchangeable panels that have been specially designed for frequently grilled foods. Cuisinart offers grilling panels for vegetables, breads, pizza and other food items. These panels can be purchased separately.
The grill comes with the all-purpose vegetable panel included in the package.
Other Key Features
- Double wall insulation helps reduces heat loss and maintains even temperature levels
- Heat-resistant lid handle makes it safe to open or close the grill lid
- Folding stainless steel shelves on either side provide extra working space
- Comes with a removable drip tray
- A sturdy base made of porcelain-coated steel elevates the grill at the perfect grilling height
- Ready to use out of the box
- Compact, portable and easy to use
- Heats up quickly and maintains desired temperature
- Very durable construction
- Handy folding side shelves
- Perfect size for the average family
- Easy to clean
- Relatively expensive
What Customers Say
The Cuisinart CGG-200 is a highly popular portable gas grill. Amazon consumers who reviewed the product gave it an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. Customers say it is compact, portable, and very easy to use. It also heats up very quickly and the temperature is easy to control. A lot of people like the cooking grate which is reversible, allowing you to use the surface that is ideal for the food you are grilling.
Some customers pointed out that the cooking grate is cast iron, and not porcelain-enameled cast iron as it says in some product descriptions. They advised others to season the grate properly so that grilled foods won’t stick to it.
A few people noted that the Cuisinart CGG-200 is not ideal for places where it’s windy since the wind tends to blow out the flame. Also, the burner’s 12,000 BTU capacity may not be enough to raise the temperature to grilling levels in a cold and windy environment.
Overall, this is a great little grill that you can use anywhere – in your backyard, patio, the beach, or for tailgating. Many customers who bought the Cuisinart CGG-200 say they would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend.